5 Raspberry Dessert Recipes
In this article, we are going to cover a variety of raspberry desserts ranging from raspberry pie recipes to raspberry ice cream recipes. Hoping this will be a one stop show for easy raspberry recipes. Purchase your raspberry flavoring that’s only a click away.
Raspberry Pie Recipe
We’re going to starting this how to article with the number one requested raspberry dessert recipe, a recipe for raspberry pie.
Ingredients for Raspberry Pie
- 1/2 recipe Perfect Pastry (or enough pastry for one double crust)
- 5 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 droppers full of raspberry flavoring
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 9 inch pie plate
- Large bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together the raspberries, raspberry flavoring oil, sugar, flour, lemon juice and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Fill in the 9 inch pie plate with half of the pastry.
- Pour the raspberry mixture inside the pie crust.
- Gently moisten the edges of the crust with a bit of water.
- Cut the rest of the pastry into one inch strips for that beautiful lattice top over the berry mixture.
- Compress the edges to seal them.
- Whisk together the egg and water and brush it lightly over top of the pastry.
- Sprinkle with a bit of extra sugar.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet in case it bubbles over.
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Then REDUCE THE HEAT to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and continue to bake the pie for another 35-40 minutes until the crust is lightly browned and the filling is bubbling (visual cues)
- If the pastry is getting too brown and the filling isn’t bubbling yet, tent some foil over top to prevent more browning.
- Allow the pie to cool completely before slicing so that the filling will firm up.
How do I thicken raspberry pie filling?
This raspberry pie filling is thickened with flour.
Simply mix together the raspberry flavoring with sugar, flour, lemon juice, and nutmeg, and pour the mixture into a ready pie crust. The thickening occurs once the pie is placed in the oven and the heat causes the flour to thicken. In order for it to be perfect, it’s important to allow the filling to boil while the pie is baking. Once it’s baked, give the pie some time to cool off prior to slicing.
Recipe For Raspberry Muffins
This homemade raspberry muffin recipe is going to be saturated in raspberry flavor between the fresh raspberries and raspberry flavoring – the flavoring will be super and well distributed.
Ingredients for Raspberry Muffins
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Flavor
- Unsalted Butter
- Baking Powder
- Raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- Raspberry Flavoring Oil
- Large Bowl
- Medium Size Bowl
- Muffin Tin
Instructions to Make Raspberry Muffins
1. In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
3. Scrape off particles form the peel of the lemon into the wet ingredients and mix to combine – this can also be substituted the Dolce Foglia Natural Lemon Flavor.
4. Fold the egg mixture into the flour mixture, stirring until well mixed.
5. Gently fold in the raspberries. Avoid over mixing the raspberries as they might end up breaking in your mixture.
6. Add the muffin batter to a lined muffin tin.
7. Make the streusel topping by whisking together the flour, sugar, and salt before cutting in the butter. The mixture should be crumbly and not smooth.
8. Top the muffins with the streusel and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Raspberry Smoothie Recipe
Okay, so this is personally one of my favorite raspberry desserts because of the speed in which it is made and the cold frosty texture mixed with a sharp tarty sweetness. To be honest, I probably make this once a week pretending to be healthy, LOL.
Today we’re going beyond the basic milk, ice and raspberries – we’re getting crafty and creative here.
Ingredients for raspberry smoothies
- Frozen raspberries: For the best icy texture, we recommend using frozen raspberries. If you’ve got fresh berries from the farmers market, consider freezing them (this is also a great way to preserve them).
- Banana: A banana amps up the sweetness and adds a beautiful creaminess.
- Greek yogurt: Yogurt adds creaminess and a bit of protein. (For plant-based, see below.)
- Raspberry Flavor: This powerful raspberry flavoring has a sensory profile of jammy raspberry with sweet floral and caramel notes and a hint of candy.
- Water and milk: Using part water helps to intensify the pink flavor.
- Maple syrup or honey: Add a little sweetener for just the right pop.
- Ice: Ice adds the final frothy texture.
Smoothies are best enjoyed as soon as possible.
Another option is to freeze it and eat it later like a popsicle.
Raspberry Sorbet Recipe
Fresh raspberry sorbet in 30 minutes! A perfect frozen creamy treat for cooling down this summer!
Ingredients for Raspberry Sorbet
- ~5 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon raspberry flavor
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Food Processor
- Large spoon
- Rubber Spatula
- Large Bowl
- Add water and raspberries to a food processor.
- Pulse until mixture has a smooth consistency.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl. Add pureed raspberries to the strainer (1/4 at a time) and press with the back of a large spoon or a rubber spatula through the strainer to remove the seeds.
- Repeat with remaining raspberry puree. Discard anything left in the strainer.
- Add sugar, vanilla extract, raspberry flavor and lime juice to the raspberry juice in the bowl. Whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- Freeze according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- Serve immediately for a soft-serve dessert OR transfer to a shallow container and freeze an additional 1-2 hours for a more firm sorbet.
Raspberry Ice Cream Recipe
Ingredients for Raspberry Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, partially thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon raspberry flavoring
- Large Bowl
- Sitrring Utensil
- Place raspberries in a blender
- Cover and pulse until chopped
- Transfer to a large bowl
- Stir in sugar until dissolved
- Stir in remaining ingredients until blended.
- Pour mixture into cylinder of ice cream freezer
- Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion.
- Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm.
Where does raspberry flavoring come from?
Dolce Foglia’s raspberry flavoring comes from a multitude of natural and artificial food flavor ingredients that create an orchestra of sensory experiences. The sensory profile of our raspberry flavor is of jammy raspberry with sweet floral and caramel notes and a hint of candy.
We’d love to hear feedback on this flavor, as we creatively and diligently for our customers appreciation.
If you have any questions, please comment below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible or email us at Thedolcefoglia@gmail.com.