How to Use Lip Balm Flavor Oils
I love the feeling of buying all the raw materials to develop my own product – DIY as they say.
There is so much power and pride when creating your own product to your own specs – makes me feel like a chemist in the lab, lol.
How to Make Lip Balm
The beauty of this simple product is that it only contains 3 ingredients; beeswax, coconut oil and flavor oils.
The rule of thumb is to use 2 parts coconut oil to 1 part beeswax, so a ratio of 2:1.
Coconut oil doesn’t have its own scent so if you end up on using more to find a texture that you like, you’re going to want to up the use rate of the lip balm flavor oils.
How to Use Lip Balm Flavor Oils
Ingredients for Lip Balm:
- Coconut Oil
- Lip Balm Flavor Oils
Instructions: Flavored Lip Balm
- Melt the beeswax
- Pro Tip: Don’t allow the beeswax to overheat by boiling
- Once the beeswax is completely melted add in the coconut oil
- Allow the two materials to blend (if the combination starts to harden again, please just warm up again)
- Add the lip balm flavor oils
- You’re always welcomed to mix flavors and make your lip balms your true creation.
- The use rate depends on the flavor and if you’re interested in use rates, just check out our use rate page.
- Once you’ve combined all three ingredients, all you have to do is allow the mixture to solidify by turning off the heat – the solidifying process should take 8-12 minutes
When you apply the lip balm to your lips, the aroma should bask in your olfactory senses.
How to Make Your Lip Balm Sweeter
If you’re enjoying the scent of the lip balm after applying the lip balm flavor oils, we suggest using a sweetener to juice it up. The use rate of sweeteners vary. So, it’s important to know when you’re purchasing a sweetener, how strong it is.
What are the most popular flavor oils for lip balm?
The most important part of creating your own lip balm or lip products is having the option to flavor it as you please. So below, is a decently sized list of flavorings that we offer to help you discover your favorite flavor. In the end, whatever flavor you choose, your lips will not only be tasty to you but also your significant other!
The top 10 lip balm flavor oils are the following:
- Watermelon (Summery, Green & Ripe)
- Strawberry (Berry, Sweet & Juicy)
- Vanilla (Smooth, Coffee notes & Creamy)
- Raspberry (Candy notes,
- Blueberry (Jammy, Floral & Rich Berry)
- Orange Creamsicle (Citrusy, Creamy & Fresh)
- Peach (Juicy Peach, Creamy-Coconut, & Wild-Berry Notes)
- Cotton Candy (Sweet, Jammy & Candy Notes)
- Peppermint (Minty, Fresh & Cold)
- Passion Fruit (Tart, Tangy & Citrusy)
A great flavor mixer is the peppermint flavor since it has a cold aspect to it, it can really make every other flavor evolve.
However, when seasons change, so do the top flavors.
Fall Lip Balm Flavors are the following:
- Apple (Light, Crisp & Apply)
- Pumpkin Spice
- Blood Orange (Tart, Berry & Floral)
- Cherry (Sweet, Wood & Almond Notes)
If you want to learn more about lip balm flavor oils, check out this blog.
In conclusion, we can see that creating your own lip balms and using Dolce Foglia flavoring is a not too difficult and easy to use.
What other questions might you have for us?