Best Multivitamin for Women | Top Rated Multivitamins For Women in 2019
Taking a multivitamin seems simple enough, but there are so many types to choose from. So how do you find the best multivitamin for women? It is hard to know whether or not you are getting the best type for your nutritional needs, which is even truer if you are a woman.
You may be taking a blend that isn’t giving you the amounts of vitamins that you need, but there is no way to know that unless you are aware of the types you need and why you need them. Here is a guide to help you find the best multivitamin for women, and understand why you need one in the first place. There are also items described, which you may want to buy and use.
What are vitamins?
Before we can pinpoint the best multivitamin for women, it’s important to understand the pivotal role vitamins play in our everyday life. Vitamins are natural substances that are often produced in the body to keep you healthy and keep your bodily processes working normally. The problem is that the human body does not always process enough of certain nutrients, which you will have to find elsewhere. This is the case for all living things, and it varies from species to species. Even men and women need different vitamins.
Related Article: 3 Whole Food Vitamins to Try
When you don’t have enough of a specific vitamin in your diet, this can lead to an array of problems. This is called a vitamin deficiency. Generally, you may develop a certain symptom or sickness if you do not have enough of an important vitamin. For example, you may exhibit skin problems or anemia, as well as other things you really do not want to have to worry about. If you have a deficiency for too long, a certain problem may not be able to be reversed.
Do I Need the Best Multivitamin for Women?
The truth is that pretty much everyone needs a multivitamin. In some cases, you are able to eat the right foods that contain the nutrients you need, which your body is unable to make for you. But sometimes, you may not always be eating properly, and taking a supplement will keep you covered on those random off days
Besides just vitamins, there are minerals included as well. You can count on certain minerals being in the tablets too, since they are also essential to your health and well-being.
As a woman, it is recommended that you start taking a multivitamin when you are around 19 years of age, and continue to for most of your life. Many types only require you to take one a day, but others may ask you to take multiple ones throughout the day.
Different Types of Multivitamins for Women
There are a few different types of vitamins that are available to purchase. The most common form is a tablet or capsule. These look like other conventional pills or supplements and may come in a variety of different colors or sizes.
You may also see gummies designed for adults, which are chewable vitamins, and are a little bit more fun to take. They are often flavored, in order to taste better, and can come in different shapes and styles. Many gummy varieties do not contain iron, so you’ll need to take that in addition to the gummy vitamins. For some, this is a deal breaker because they don’t want to have to remember to take multiple supplements.
Another common type is powder form. With this type, you pour the powder into a few ounces of water and drink it. You can also enjoy it in other types of drinks, such as a smoothie.
Each type has its own benefits, and it is up to you to figure out what you like the best and what works for you. There is no right or wrong answer and everyone’s preferences will be slightly different.
There are even special products that are vegan, vegetarian, or dye free, so if you have an allergy or dietary restriction of some sort, there are still options out there for anyone.
Related Article: 3 Best Anti-Aging Vitamins to Try
Common Vitamins Found in Multivitamin Blends
There are a little over a dozen different vitamins. Many are often included in multivitamin products, although there is no standard for how many have to be in any given blend. Here is a look at some of the nutrients that are in most vitamin pills.
- Vitamin A. This is good for your eyes and skin. It also helps strengthen your bones and teeth. You can find it in foods like carrots, pumpkin, squash, and soymilk.
- Vitamin B1. Assists in giving you energy and helps the body process carbs and fats. It is also known as thiamine and can be found in brown rice, potatoes, and oatmeal.
- Vitamin B2. You are protected from harmful things in the air by this vitamin, and it helps make red blood cells. It is also called riboflavin and you can add it to your diet by eating bananas, green beans, and asparagus.
- Vitamin B3. If you want to lower your risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol, this one can improve your chances. It is also known as niacin and is a component of meat, fish, and tree nuts.
- Vitamin B5. This assists with production of hormones and also helps with metabolism. You may have heard it referred to as pantothenic acid. It is found in avocados and broccoli.
- Vitamin B6. It aids in brain function and in making the protective layer that guards nerve cells. It is also known as pyridoxine. You can add it to your diet by eating bananas and vegetables.
- Vitamin B7. You’ve likely heard of this one, which is usually called biotin. It is great for your hair, skin, and nails. It is found in peanuts and leafy vegetables.
- Vitamin B9. B9, or folate, is important for a healthy nervous system, as it helps make DNA and blood cells. You can keep it in your diet by ingesting bread, cereal, and pasta.
- Vitamin B12. Here is another one that is good for building different types of cells. It is sometimes called cobalamin or cyanocobalamin and is a component of milk, fish, and poultry.
- Vitamin C. C is probably the vitamin you are most familiar with. It is great for keeping you healthy and ensures you don’t get scurvy. To increase your intake, eat citrus fruits, bell peppers, and tomatoes.
- Vitamin D. Helps your immune system and aids in absorbing other vitamins and minerals. It can be found in liver or eggs, and you can obtain it by going outside and absorbing sunlight, in some cases.
- Vitamin E. This is another vitamin that assists the immune system and blood production. It can also heal scars and cuts when used topically. You can find it in some types of seeds, nuts, and olive oil.
- Vitamin K. It is essential for allowing the blood to clot. Without blood clotting, you would be more susceptible to bleeding too much, each time you are cut or have a wound, which can be fatal. It is in cooked greens, cheeses, and prunes.
This is just a list of recognized vitamins, but there may be many other ingredients in your multivitamin blend. They will include additional healthy minerals, which are also beneficial to your overall diet. There is no standard or template for exactly what needs to go into every pill, which leads to slight differences from maker to maker. Overall, many types use most if not all of the same nutrients, which is what makes it harder to choose the right one.
The best way to decide is to do your own research into what different vitamins do and settle on which ones you are most concerned about. If you know you do not like a certain food, which is vitamin dense, then you may want to concentrate on the components of that food in your blend. You may also consult your doctor to see what they recommend.
What does a balanced diet look like?
When you think of vitamins, you may think that you can get everything you need in a balanced diet. This should be true, but it isn’t always the case for a number of different reasons. For example, you may not be able to eat healthy foods every day, or you may need a little extra help sometimes, like when you are feeling ill. Additionally, not all the beneficial foods you like will be available to you year round. This is when vitamin pills can assist you in rounding out your nutritional needs.
Some experts say that it is next to impossible to get all of the nutrients you need from your food, although dietary sources are preferred when it comes to having a balanced diet. Others believe quite the opposite and think people are pretty well covered when they eat a diet packed with healthy foods.
No one knows for sure which point of view is true, but it isn’t a bad thing to take your vitamins. When taken properly and in the correct doses, they can help your body function well and in turn, may make you healthier.
If you are interested in learning what a balanced diet is, the idea is a bit complicated. This is not because we don’t know what is good for our bodies to eat, but it is really because federal guidelines often change. For this reason, the definition of a balanced diet is more of a general set of rules.
This type of diet includes a mix of grains, protein, fruits, vegetables, healthy fats, and fiber. There is also a little room for the things you really like, such as chocolate or ice cream. As a woman, you should shoot for around 2,000 to 2,500 calories a day from these types of foods. Lean towards the lower number of calories when you aren’t exercising much and the higher side when you are.
This is another area where it is best to do your own research and trust your instincts on what your meals should look like and include. It is not too hard to eat more healthy foods than unhealthy foods, although that isn’t always the most appealing thing to do. There are many meal plans out there to help you incorporate more veggies and fruits, so be sure to look up recipes if you are running low on ideas.
You should also do what you can to stay hydrated. Drinking the right amount of fluids each day can go a long way when it comes to your health. Besides that, when you drink enough, it will help your nutrients get to the right places in your body and can facilitate you getting rid of waste.
You can drink liquids you like, such as alcohol, coffee, and soda, in moderation, but you should drink more of lower calorie drinks, like water, hot teas, and even no sugar added juices.
What about prenatal vitamins?
Prenatal vitamins are multivitamin blends that should be taken when you become pregnant or when you decide you want to become pregnant. These products give you more of the nutrients you need to help you take care of a growing fetus and still stay in good physical shape.
Vitamins Essential to Women’s Health
There are certain vitamins that women need more of than men do. This is why you should purchase a specific formula formulated for women, instead of just a standard vitamin. It may seem like a gimmick to have something targeted toward a male or female, but this isn’t really the case. They actually have more of the things you need most.
Magnesium is a substance that you can get great benefit from. It helps maintain good blood sugar and blood pressure, so your heart and circulatory system work as they should. It is also essential for healthy bones and teeth. Eat more whole grains like brown rice and quinoa to sneak it into your diet.
Vitamin D is something you need a lot of to make sure that your bone density stays at a safe level and it can also protect you from certain diseases. It is one of the easiest vitamins to keep in your diet, since many foods are fortified to include it.
Iron is crucial to maintaining enough blood cells. As a woman, you have a menstrual cycle that you are subject to for many years of your life. Without iron, you may become anemic and not clot your blood properly. Low levels can also lead to you feeling sluggish and tired all the time. You can find it in meat and eggs. All women need a certain amount each day, but you’ll need more when you are pregnant.
Calcium is important for women as they are more likely to get osteoporosis. However, if you have enough calcium in your body, it can help your bones stay looking good and feeling good. This mineral is great for all women, but you may need to up your dose once you get closer to the age of menopause. Try eating more beans or almonds.
Folate, or folic acid, may sound familiar. If you are a mother, it’s something that you have likely been told to take during pregnancy. Even if you don’t have any kids, you may have heard it mentioned before.
It is a vitamin that helps your baby grow properly in the womb, so it’s something you don’t want to go without. It is recommended that you start ingesting it when you decide that you want to have kids, so there will be enough of it in your system by the time you get pregnant. It is found in sprouts and spinach, but most people take a supplement.
One of the most recent additions that is recommended in your diet is fish oil. It is able to protect you from some of the most common diseases, and is also good for the heart. Fish oil can obviously be found in many types of fish, including salmon or sardines. The oil contains fatty acids, which you may have heard of as Omega-3s.
You will not find fish oil in a multivitamin supplement however, so you will have to purchase it separately if you are unable to eat fish 2 times a week.
Some women opt to take a blend that contains only B-vitamins. It is no secret that some of the B vitamins are the most important for your body, so they are easy to eat enough to get your recommended daily allowance, especially since many foods are fortified to contain some of these nutrients. However, there are those that may not be able to get enough from food or need more for other reasons. These are the people that are most likely to take a supplement of this type.
Things to Know About Vitamins
- They are not created equal. Not all vitamin brands and blends are equal. You should read the whole bottle to see if there are any specific seals or badges on them. If they say USP, that means they have met specific guidelines that are recommended by a health organization. The FDA does not regulate vitamins, so if you don’t see their seal of approval on your bottle, do not be alarmed. It does not mean that you are ingesting something unsafe. Besides that, different makers will have various amounts of vitamins and minerals. Pay attention to the RDA, or recommended daily allowance, and percentages on the bottle in order to determine if they are providing the nutrition you need.
- You have to be careful what you take them with. Vitamins are either water-soluble or fat soluble, meaning some break down with water and others with fat. For this reason, it is best if you take your vitamin with food, specifically something with a little fat in it. Consider taking them after you eat breakfast or with a handful of nuts. You can even take them with a glass of milk, as long as it isn’t skim. This might be able to keep you from feeling bad while they work through your system, and they will be able to break down efficiently.
- They are not designed to treat any type of illness. Even though they may be able to keep you from getting certain issues, they can’t treat or prevent any issues by themselves. You cannot just take them and expect not to get sick or have an occasional bug or something like that.
- They don’t take the place of good nutrition. Moreover, they will not take the place of eating right, if you eat junk most of the time. Multivitamins are designed to supplement your diet, in case you are unable to find the daily allotment of certain things in your food sources each day. It is best to get them from your diet and let your vitamin pill fill in any blanks. Always remember that.
- They may give you too much of a good thing. Not all types are safe to take either. Again, this is another reason why it is important to read the percentages on the back of the bottle. A certain type may be trying to provide you with more of a vitamin that you need each day, which is a waste. It may also be too much for your body to handle, which can negate the good things that it does. You don’t need more than 100% of any substance in the span of a day. Sometimes too much of a nutrient can harm you as well. If you want to know the RDA for any particular vitamin, you can find handy charts online by doing a little bit of investigating.
- You may need to try different brands to find one you like. Many blends are similar, but you may not like the first one you try. It could make you sleepy or give you a stomachache at times. It is fine to try a few different types to see which one your body responds to best. This is another area where it may come down to the percentages of each vitamin and how your body absorbs them.
- Do not forget to talk to an expert. Some vitamins can interact with medicines you take, so you don’t want to put yourself at risk. Talk to your doctor to make sure that you are able to take a multivitamin first, so you’ll know that you won’t have any bad side effects. You can also ask them for advice beforehand, giving you a better chance of finding the right product for your needs.
- There are those that think multivitamins are unnecessary. Not everyone believes in the efficacy of multivitamins, as you can read about if you do any searching online about them. This is because they don’t think that everyone needs them and know that some companies lie about the vitamins and amounts that are included in their bottles. Since the whole industry isn’t really regulated, it is harder to know what’s real and what’s fake. You have to trust the best brands you can find. They are less likely to be deceptive in their practices. Besides that, it is up to you to determine if you want or need to take a vitamin for your own health. Try it both ways and see if you feel any different. You will be able to tell the difference, and whether you like it or not.
When to Discontinue Use
Although you have heard good things about multivitamins, they are not for everyone. There are those out there that may have serious side effects or have certain reactions when they try to take a specific blend. Instead of switching from brand to brand, which can be dangerous, you need to know when to stop taking a multivitamin.
Related Article: 5 Benefits of Liquid Vitamins
When You Notice Symptoms
If you notice symptoms that seem like allergic reactions or if you feel that they are making medicines you take less effective, it’s time to stop taking them. This doesn’t mean that you have to stop forever; you simply need to see if that is what is causing you a problem or not.
When You Have Stomach Problems
Any time you have trouble digesting a multivitamin or it causes you intestinal discomfort, you should stop taking it. It may be too hard for your body to process or there could be an ingredient in it that your body simply doesn’t like. Shoot for options that contain things that are as natural as possible. There are even easy to digest formulas that you can check out.
When it Smells or Tastes Bad
Everyone knows that vitamins have a specific smell, but if you notice your bottle doesn’t smell right or the pills have changed colors, you should not take any more of them. They could have become damaged in the shipping process or due to temperature changes. If this happens, you may want to just throw the bottle away, or see if you can get a refund on the item.
If any of these things happen to you, it is fine to discuss it with people you know or your doctor. A friend can offer you suggestions based on what they take themselves, and a doctor can alert you as to what may be going wrong and point you in the right direction.
Items to Consider
Here are some popular women’s multivitamin products for you to look into and see if you are interested in.
Bioactive Multi Gel MultiVitamin Supplement – by HealthyCell – Multi Vitamin and Minerals, Vitamin D, C, D3, A, B12, Easy Absorption, Multivitamin for Men, Women, Non-GMO, No Soy, No Dairy
- EASIEST VITAMINS TO TAKE EVER – Better than tablets, capsules, or powders. Contains Vitamin A, C, D3, E, K2, Thiamin, B1, Riboflavin, B2, Niacin, B3, B6, Folate, B9, B12, Biotin, B7, Pantothenic Acid, B5, Minerals – Iodine, Zinc, Selenium, Manganese, Chromium, Molybdenum
- NO MORE HARD TO SWALLOW PILLS – Berry Flavored Gel that is easy to take and swallow. A pill-free experience you will love.
- EASY! JUST MIX WITH A DRINK OR SMOOTHIE – Great Tasting and ready to mix straight from the gel pack. Mix with your favorite smoothie or drink. You can even add it to a meal. It is that easy.
- MOST EFFICIENT NUTRIENT DELIVERY IN THE MARKET – BIOACTIVE GEL NUTRIENT DELIVERY: Next-generation nutrient delivery technology replacing tablets, capsules and powders. Formulated by world-leading nutritional scientists, this unique microgel technology ensures maximum absorption into the body by releasing extremely small ultra-bioavailable nutrient particles at specific locations in the digestive tract.
- NON GMO, VEGETARIAN – Our Bioactive Multivitamins are NON-GMO, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian, and GMP. MADE IN USA. BIOACTIVE GEL also offers a more natural way to supplement the diet by eliminating the need for “other ingredients” such as binding glues, fillers, coatings and anti-caking agents found in many supplements. Produced exclusively in the USA from premium ingredients, Gel made with soluble fiber, citrus pectin, acacia gum (all healthy prebiotics).
Check The Latest Price
This product contains ingredients that are close to real food, which means that it is easier for your body to process than others. It also leaves a lot of substances out that you may keep out of your diet normally or just don’t want in your body in general. Even the container is good, since it’s made of recyclable materials, which are also BPA-free.
- Easy to digest formula. Since the nutrients contained in this formula are close to the real thing, it makes it easier for you to digest them. You won’t have a hard time with your stomach when you take them, and they are not so big that they will cause you other problems.
- Includes superfoods. Numerous types of superfoods are included in this product. These are things like acai, kale, and spirulina. There is a lot of research to suggest that these foods are nutritional powerhouses and should be eaten regularly for a healthy body.
- Able to keep your energy levels up. A few things are added to help with your energy levels as well. These are natural ingredients that have the additional benefit to be able to help you get through your day. One of these things is green tea.
- Contains no soy or gluten. There is no soy or gluten in this formula. It is also missing a lot of other things that are common allergens. You won’t see any shellfish, peanuts, wheat, fish, or milk either, which can be a good thing. It also ensures that the product is safe for a wider variety of people.
When superfoods and energy boosters are added to an already great multivitamin blend, you have something that is quite impressive. Since the product is also natural and easy to digest, it is something that is worth taking a chance on. It may be just what you didn’t know you needed, and can make you feel better each day.
Check The Latest Price
If you don’t like the idea of having to take a lot of large vitamin pills throughout the day, this one only asks you to take one. It has pretty much everything you need to get through your daily tasks and won’t upset your stomach while it helps you.
- Vegetarian friendly. You may think it’s hard to find a formula that is safe for vegetarians, but this is becoming less true each day. This one is great for people that are vegetarians, since it leaves out a lot of stuff they are not comfortable eating.
- Free from glyphosate residue. More importantly, the product and the things it contains are free from glyphosate, which is a controversial weed killer that is thought to cause many types of problems and illnesses in the human body. They have their blends independently tested to make sure that they have safe levels, in order to keep the consumer safe and the nutrients as healthy as possible.
- May help stabilize mood. It is also designed to help you keep your mood in check. You might be able to handle stress better, therefore allowing you to make the hard decisions you need to make, without worrying about it too much. When you feel good and aren’t feeling lethargic, it’s easy to keep a clear head.
- Can take on an empty stomach. The vitamins are gentle enough that you can take this type on an empty stomach. Generally, this isn’t a recommended practice, but in this case, it will not cause an upset tummy.
It’s great when a product gives you benefits that you wanted but didn’t think were possible. Not only can vegetarians take this pill, but also anyone that is worried about the effects of glyphosate is in the clear as well. These things make this a product that is worth considering.
Check The Latest Price
Instead of being a complete multivitamin, this one is a B-complex product. This means that it has all the B vitamins in it, which some consider to be the most imperative ones that you need to take each day.
- Contains a probiotic. There is a probiotic included as well, which should be able to help your digestive system out a bit. While not everyone agrees that probiotics are needed, if you are the type that enjoys things like yogurt, you probably like probiotics as well. They can ensure that your gut bacteria are healthy and that your system is running in good shape.
- Safe for vegans. It is also safe for vegans, since there are no animal products included. This can be harder to come by with other products, since there is gelatin in many different brands.
- Might help you manage stress levels. The blend is called raw, since it has no fillers or anything else that will leave you feeling run down. It can help keep you on your feet, which may also help you with your stress and metabolism. These are things we all need help with sometimes.
- Easy to swallow. The tabs themselves are easy to swallow, since they have a capsule that helps it slide down your throat. It isn’t some bulky pill with a weird texture.
Finding a good B complex is often just as good as finding a complete multivitamin. You can get so many good vitamins, arguably the most vital ones, all in one place, without having to look elsewhere. It is also common for these vitamins to help with your energy and overall wellness, which is always a good thing. Add to this that vegans can take them, and they are rather inclusive.
Check The Latest Price
This is a type of gummy vitamin that many people love. Even though it is a gummy, it doesn’t have all the things that are in typical versions. There is no yeast or eggs in it either. It is also something chewable, meaning if you have trouble swallowing pills, you won’t have an issue when you need to take these.
- Contains fruits and vegetables. There are fruits and vegetables present in this unique product. This helps to fulfill the vitamin requirements, and it also gives them a bright color and sweet flavor.
- Gelatin free. There is no gelatin in this one, meaning it is great for those who generally like to stay away from this ingredient. Sometimes it is hard to learn about where a product’s gelatin is sourced from, which leads people to stay away from brands and products that are useful and safe otherwise.
- Have a fruity flavor. The sweet fruity flavor is something that makes this blend easy to take. Some users have to remember not to take too many, but enjoy the flavor so much that they want to keep eating them. They are easy to chew and have a taste that is not off-putting at all.
- Won’t cause nausea. They also will not cause nausea when you try to take them. This can be a big issue, especially if you get up and take your vitamins when you wake up. If you purchase this brand, you can do that, and you won’t have to worry about cramps or stomach issues afterwards.
It is always great when there is a product that you need to take but the maker has made it easy for you to ingest it as well. When something tastes good, is appealing, and is also good for you, it seems almost too good to be true.
Check The Latest Price
Vitafusion also offers a gummy vitamin, which makes it easier to take than other options out there. They have been tested to be sure that the body absorbs them properly. The company also plants trees every year, to ensure there are always fruits to use and to improve the air quality, which all of us need to breathe.
- Contains no dyes. You will not find any dyes in this mix, which is surprising, since they are so bright in color. Many people don’t like to eat dyes, as it is questionable whether they’re safe or not. You also will not find any fake sugars or high fructose corn syrup in this product. These things can negate some of the positive nutrition.
- Has antioxidants. As with other similar items, there are antioxidants added to these gummies. These are in the form of vitamins C and E, which can protect from substances that cause cancer.
- Good for hair and nails. In addition to their other benefits, these will help grow your hair and nails. This is a side effect to the proper intake of biotin, as well as Vitamin D. These things work well together and can make you feel better about yourself.
- Award winning taste. In 2018, this product won an award for its taste. You wouldn’t think a vitamin would taste so good that they would be regarded highly for it, but it’s true in this case. You might want to try it for yourself to see how good the taste is.
If you are determined to find a gummy vitamin that is worthwhile, this one contains healthful things and is said to have a great taste as well. There aren’t synthetic sugars or colors in the formula, and you can be sure the body can process the contents as well.
Check The Latest Price
The way this item is made is quite distinctive, and it is made that way so the body can understand that it is food. This helps when you need to get it through your system and also offers you a good amount of nutrition, since there aren’t many synthetic chemicals to slow you down.
- Fermented blend. The vitamins have been fermented, so they are easier for your body to recognize. It will be able to tell that it’s real, which means it won’t hurt your stomach and it will not back you up either. Some users were concerned that it is fermented with yeast, which some choose to stay away from, but there is no evidence to support that this is something that will harm you or a reason to disregard the vitamin.
- Aids the immune system. This can also help your immune system, since it allows your body to keep working well. You are not likely to have to slow down because you are feeling sick to your stomach or having aches and pains in your abdomen.
- Made with organic foods. What’s even better is that the foods contained in it are organic. You really can’t ask for more than that. They went out of their way to put the best ingredients possible into their vitamin, so you can always get the nutrients you need.
- Small in size. The capsule is small and you only have to take one a day. This is a great solution for people who are tired of having to take multiple pills each day or don’t want something that looks too large to swallow.
New Chapter offers one of the purest products you can ask for, since it is special enough for your body to know that it is food and not just a bunch of lab-made minerals. It also does not contain gelatin, but they have added things that you may want like turmeric and ginger. With these ingredients, you can be sure that it won’t hurt your stomach.
Check The Latest Price
Although any woman can take this vitamin, it is best suited for those that are active or like to hang out in the gym regularly. You can tell there is something different about this product when you look at the bottle. It is black with a pink label, so it definitely stands out when you see it. This is not the case for many other items, which have colorful rainbow labels that make you think of forests or gardens.
- May clear up skin. In some cases, users have reported that this product helps clear up their skin. It could be happening for a number of reasons, but it may simply be because they are getting the proper vitamins, and also eating the way that they should. You will not really know how it will work for your skin unless you try it yourself.
- Great for active women. It is specifically made for women that are active or on the go all the time. If you are someone that works out a lot or are always on the move, it is something that is set to meet your needs. It can still keep you covered as you go through the day sweating a lot or playing sports too.
- Has energy boosters. Energy boosters are one way that it can help you stay moving, even when you’ve had an eventful day. Things like Dong Quai are included, which has been used for many years in Asia to help lessen the pain associated with menstrual cramps, as well as for other reasons.
- Contains dozens of healthy ingredients. There are dozens of active ingredients in this blend, so there is a lot going on. It has everything from iron to folic acid, as well as more than 20 other vitamins for you to take advantage of.
Women that are always moving around or exercising need something a little extra sometimes. This is the product that can assist with that. There are 40 active ingredients, so you are getting a lot of nutrition in a small bottle when you take these.
Check The Latest Price
This is a simple product that is affordable and is made by a trusted household name. Someone you know has probably taken this type of vitamin over the years with good results. They are easy to find, even if you aren’t shopping online, and it has many of the nutrients you need.
- USP certification. This multivitamin has a USP certification. This means it has been studied at a lab to make sure that the ingredients pass muster. They must be of a specific quality and meet various requirements in order to get the seal of approval.
- Only need to take one a day. You will only need to take one of these, but it will have to be taken on a full stomach or with food. Otherwise, you may feel a little weird throughout the day or be unable to eat for a while after you ingest it.
- Trusted brand. Nature Made is one of the most widely recognized vitamin brands out there. Many trust them for other supplements and have for years. If you are familiar with this brand and have used other products that they offer, you might also like this one.
- Has 23 nutrients. There are over 20 nutrients that help you balance your diet even further when you take these. This is not the highest number of ingredients in this list, but it is a lot, and can do a lot for your health.
Nature Made has many options out there, as they make pretty much any supplement that you could ever want. If you don’t mind gelatin and colors, it is a good option for you to try. It doesn’t have things like gluten and starch, so it is still safe to ingest. Since they also have a stamp from an independent clinic that measures the safety of products, this is a good sign that it works well.
Check The Latest Price
Here is a product for mature women to take to keep their nutrition up as they age. It is a great multivitamin that helps to provide them with what they need, and fill in the gaps that may be lacking in their food choices from time to time.
- Formulated for women over 40. This is made specifically for women that are 40 and older. It contains special amounts of B vitamins, iron, and biotin to keep them covered.
- Boosts immune system. The immune system should be able to stay healthy when you’re taking this supplement. You may be surprised at how good you feel, since you probably will not be feeling sick or run down. You will be getting the things you need, in a way that your body can break down easily.
- Non-GMO ingredients. None of the ingredients in the bottle are from GMO sources. This may be a big deal to some, especially if they are trying to stay away from foods of this type.
- Company has numerous certifications. Megafood has many certifications listed on their products. They have been recognized as a gluten-free food, and the product is vegetarian, Kosher, and free from over 125 different pesticides. Moreover, NSF recognizes them for having good practices when it comes to the manufacturing process. This means that they are truthful in providing you what they say is on the bottle.
Taking this as a woman that is over 40, you will be better suited to the changes that may start taking place during this time in your life. You can pair your healthy diet with this high quality vitamin in order to stay feeling your best. Then you’ll be able to spend more time doing what you want to do, instead of feeling lousy or too tired to do the things that you enjoy.
Finding the right multivitamin for your needs isn’t as hard as it once was. On the other hand, there are so many different products out there that it can be overwhelming to determine what works well and what doesn’t. Many multivitamins are great when you need to fill any spots where you don’t get enough of a certain vitamin in your diet each day.
It is a struggle to eat right when you’re busy, have a lot of work to do, or when you have to run errands all day. For this reason, many people rely on a product that has all the nutrients they need to stay healthy and energized.
To find something that will work the way you need it to, it’s most important to understand what vitamins are and which ones you need to intake every day. This is vital to keeping your immune system healthy and making sure you stay well and able to do all the things you need to do.
As far as women’s vitamins go, there are certain vitamins that women need that are different from men. This is why it is best if you purchase a women’s multivitamin to take, instead of something more generic.
What is even better is that you can find a product that will work for your specific dietary needs as well. In other words, if you stay away from gelatin or follow a vegan or vegetarian diet, there are still options for you.
When you learn about vitamins, you should also keep in mind that they are not a substitute for healthy foods. You still need to eat right and drink enough water if you want to stay feeling your best. Vitamins are also unable to treat diseases, but they may help you fight off illness, help your nails or hair grow, and clear up skin.
You should start taking a multivitamin blend when you become an adult, and you can choose any type you like. There is everything from powders to gummies to tablets. You can find out more details from your physician, and they may be able to recommend certain items too. Not all products are the same and some are made better than others are.
The varieties in this guide are all top-rated products that have worked well for many women, and have a wide array of vitamins and minerals included. These items are in a few categories, and there is a blend that stands out best in each of them.
All Around Best
The all around best multivitamin in this list is probably the Mega Food Women’s One Daily. It is not only safe to take on an empty stomach, but it is also free of glyphosate. This is a chemical that is in the middle of some hot button issues at this time, so knowing you aren’t being exposed to it can be a game changer. The pill is also safe for vegetarians and those that follow Kosher laws.
B Complex Blend
Most people are aware that B vitamins are some of the best ones to supplement into your life. They help do so many great things in your body, and they can also help you maintain your energy levels. The B complex vitamins that are worth looking into here are the Garden of Life Vitamin B Complex.
If you only want to add these specific vitamins, it is a great option. They are designed to assist you with your stress levels and may even be able to improve the effectiveness of your gut bacteria. When this system is working well, it can change your outlook and mood for the better. The product is also easy to swallow and safe for vegans.
The gummy vitamins that are most memorable are the Vitafusion Women’s Gummy Vitamins. In addition to being something to take instead of a pill or capsule, they also have a great taste. In fact, they won an award based on how good they taste. Their formula also contains no dyes and can help your hair grow. They are absorbed well in your body too, which may be because they can get to work faster, since you chew them.
For Active Women
The most distinctive product is made for active women. On normal days, you are probably tired, but imagine if you have been working out all day or participating in sports. You probably would need something stronger that could keep up with you. The Optimum Nutrition Opti-Women’s Daily Multivitamin can do that.
It is specifically for women that are active or are athletes and it might even be able to clear up minor skin problems. On top of that, it contains a few energy boosters, so you can get everything done without falling asleep or having to drink numerous caffeinated drinks.
For Women Over 40
You should also know that as you age, you may have to change your women’s multivitamins as well. You will need higher amounts of some types of vitamins when you get older, which is an easy fix.
Mega Food Women over 40 One Daily is an effective product for older women to use whenever they need to take care of their bones or blood pressure even better. This blend has no GMO ingredients and has a handful of certifications to let you know they are a trusted brand in the industry.
Overall, finding the best multivitamin for women isn’t necessarily hard, but it may take some work. You should examine your diet to see what you are eating and what vitamins you intake regularly before deciding what vitamins to supplement your diet with.
It’s also a good idea to pay attention to the labels to ensure that you aren’t getting too much of a specific vitamin, which can be just as harmful as not getting enough. With this guide and a little bit of research on your part, you can be well on your way to being a healthier you, and you won’t have to change much to do it.
AMAZON AFFILIATE INFORMATION
We, Holistic Health, HQ, are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.